The start of the historic day-night test match of the pink ball, which will be held on Friday at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata, has begun around the city. Various parks and establishments around Eden have been covered in pink light. The first day-night Test was played in Adelaide in Australia on April 27 between Australia and New Zealand. After four years, Bangladesh is going to play day and night Test as the number one Test team India and the number nine Test players.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) gave the green signal for day and night tests in 2002. But then it took three years to get the first pink ball down the field.
India and Bangladesh are playing field for the 12th pink ball cricket in the history of cricket. Find out a few facts surrounding this match:
– India is going to host the first day-night test against Bangladesh at Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
– The match will start at 3pm, end at 7pm (Indian time).
– The first break in the match will be at 5pm, the second session will start at 5pm. The second break will be held at 5pm and the final session will begin at 7pm.
– The game will be called Pink SG. The Indian Cricket Board had ordered SG to make 12 balls for this match.
– On the day of the match, the paratroopers of the army will fly and deliver the pink ball to the two captains Virat Kohli and Mominul Haque just before the toss.
– Giant pink balloons have been installed outside Eden that will last until the end of the match.
– The color of the Shaheed Minar has also been turned pink. Besides, several parks in Kolkata have also been decorated in pink.
– Two official mascots Pinku and Tink of India-Bangladesh first day-night test.
– Thousands of tickets have already been sold for the first three days.
– City billboards, six LED boards, branded buses have been spread since last Monday.